Adding reactivity to Django

Hello. I am sorry if my question (questions, actually) below is messy. I know I should learn some fundamentals more, but at this point I am not even sure where to start.

My goal is to add some reactivity to my Django apps, where it’s really needed. There are many tutorials that show how to achieve it with Ajax. It seems relatively easy. I’ve never used jQuery before, though - can I use Fetch API instead?

What about Django Channels? Its documentations says:

«It does this while preserving Django’s synchronous and easy-to-use nature, allowing you to choose how you write your code - synchronous in a style like Django views, fully asynchronous, or a mixture of both.»

But I am not sure if I get it right. It would be like using a sledge-hammer to crack a nut, I guess. But is it?

I know there is also Django REST and I am even familiar with Vuejs, but I’d like to stick to Django as much as possible.

As I understand it now, I would probably have to use all these technologies to make an app fully reactive: frontend framework with Django REST and Channels to add listeners to database - right?

Thanks for clarifications!