Having trouble setting up django on a Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

Hey hey!

I’ve been following along with this tutorial: https://simpleisbetterthancomplex.com/series/2017/09/04/a-complete-beginners-guide-to-django-part-1.html#comments so that I can learn about Django and start developing awesome webapps with it. I chose to do it on my Raspberry Pi (Model 4B) because I was having trouble installing django on my laptop (Windows) and I figured that Linux (Raspbian) would be a better place to start my journey.

So I was following that tutorial and entering the code to install django. A lot of the other tutorials that I followed went along the lines of python3 -V, --> pip3 -V, pip3 install Django. After this, the pi would install Django (funnily enough), but then the command django-admin --version would not work.

Somehow (I’m not sure what I did) I got it working, and I got to the stage where we entered the code to create the board app. The urls.py file had something called “paths” instead of “urls”, and after trying to run python manage.py runserver the localhost page (which had previously been working) “failed to connect”. Everything up to that point was going fine after my initial problem.

I’m hoping to find out what I did wrong here, I’ve uploaded the project files to Github

Liam