Welcome to our Community Forum!

(Vitor Freitas) #1

I decided to create this community forum for a couple of reasons. First of all, I receive many emails with questions, asking for advice and asking my opinion about specific topics. I’m happy to answer those emails whenever I can, but unfortunately, I can’t answer them all. And when I’m able to answer those emails, the conversations and discussions have a high potential to be useful to others. So why not have some of those discussions in an open forum?

With this community forum, I also want to have a place for questions that are not suitable for StackOverflow. For example, “what’s the best database to use with Django?” or “Apache or NGINX?”. This kind of questions, where there is no right or wrong answer, but can serve as a starting point for a good discussion and exchange of experience.

Another reason is to have a single place to organize the readers’ requests, suggestions, and ideas for future tutorials and videos. There is a specific category for tutorials requests where you can share your ideas and upvote other’s requests to help me prioritize.

And really, I just want this forum to be a safe and respectful place where other tech enthusiasts can get together to talk about tech stuff, share experiences and help each other.

If you are not familiar with this platform, I’m using Discourse, which is an awesome product and open source software. You can learn more about Discourse’s trust system and how to earn more privileges/access to other features in the platform.

Peace! :v:

(Vitor Freitas) #2

(Frédéric Bouby) #3

Hey !! What a amazing initiative!
I’m very happy to participate to this community forum. New in python development I learnt a lot with your articles and videos.
Thx a lot and carry on
Greetings from France

(Vitor Freitas) #4

Thanks for being part! It’s a great opportunity for us to develop our skills together and share experience :slight_smile:

(Kabiru Abdulhamid) #5

This will be very helpful. thanks for creating the forum

(Md Masud Rana) #6

Thank you so much for crteating such type opportunity for us.

(Vitor Freitas) #7

Welcome @CodeAboki & @maaudrana!

(Lúcio Henrique) #8

Thank you Vitor. It will be a pleasure to learn and help here!

Hello from Brazil!

(Vitor Freitas) #9

Welcome on board @lucheol! :smiley: Great to have you here! :brazil:

(Devil) #11

Knock Knock let the Devil-in!

(Devil) #12

WOW this is cool @bubbles

You are saving local copies of images and gif, Impressed!

(Vitor Freitas) #13

Welcome! :sunglasses::smiling_imp:

I’m so happy to be here. I’m new to Django and I have taken it up with so much passion. It’s been great so far. I’m really happy to be here.

(Vitor Freitas) #15

It’s great to have you here! :smiley:

(Immanuel) #16

Vitor, I’m grateful as always!

Thanks Victor! Your blog is my favourite when it comes to Django and have learned many thing’s from you!

Hi, Vitor. I am afdhal. Thank’s for opening this forum. Keep it up the great work :+1:t2:

(Seyi Pythonian) #19

Wow Vitor, this is a nice idea. Great to join this forum. I’ll try and contribute in any little way I can to the discussions here.

Great job Vitor.:+1:

(Vitor Freitas) #20

Welcome! Great to have you here :slight_smile: